Thursday, April 23, 2009

Meme.

When I was alive, I hated memes. Funny how a little death can change one's perspective.

What were you doing 20 years ago?

In 1989, I was 15, and my favorite color was black. My hair, my eyeliner, my nails, my lipstick, my tights with the big holes, my doc martens--all black. I'm sure if you made a surgical cut and pried my rib cage apart, you would've found a black heart, pumping black blood, and circulating black emotion.

Black was not my mother's favorite color. In fact, I went to a Mormon dance and all the kids answered a survey by saying that white was their favorite color, since that was the color of the Celestial Kingdom. Did I mention that I was Mormon?

Did I mention that I had a penchant for melodrama?

What were you doing 10 years ago?

in 1999, I was 25, had served an LDS mission to Fukuoka, and was married.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

How should I answer this? I died six years ago, and have no memory of anything in between, so do those really count? (and where was I? Reborn as an alley cat? A starving child? Who makes up these rules, anyways?)

You'd think that I'd have all these answers, right? Let me know if you find the answer to this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment